Here I am again as guest host of the Business of Architecture – this time chatting with Alex Michaelis of UK-based architect Alex Michaelis of Michaelis Boyd. Established in 1995 by Alex Michaelis and Tim Boyd, MB has earned a reputation for simple, elegant architecture with an emphasis on sustainable, environmentally sound solutions. Alex and Tim met while working at the same practice, having earned their stripes at some of the industry’s largest companies, including Richard Rogers & Partners, Colquhoun, Miller & Partners, and Wickham & Associates.
In today’s show you’ll discover:
- The key to refined ‘client handling’ skills (8:00)
- How to separate yourself from the competition (12:30)
- Why you shouldn’t work late into the night or on weekends (13:45)
- How to keep clients for the long-term (18:15)
- Moving into a new sector of the market? Here’s how to strategize that change (22:00)
- When to know when a project is not the right fit (27:35)
Listen to the full audio here.